When I work with wedding suppliers as their business coach to launch or grow their business, we always start with WHY.
Running your own small business is tough... agreed. From wearing all the hats of Marketing Manager, Head of Product Development, Event Coordinator, Finance Clark, Sales Rep, and Customer Services Lead. To managing your small business around your other commitments you have, from looking after family, supporting friends, or maybe other work commitments to juggle. Not to mention having to manage our own feelings of self-doubt, overwhelm, & going it alone. It is a tall order!
So, whether you are just starting out, or have had your biz. for years, it is imperative we are clear as wedding suppliers WHY we have chosen to create & continue to build our own wedding business. So when we struggle, and we will at times, we can quickly remind ourselves WHY we are doing this, to push ourselves forward.
I take you through the full 'What is Your Why?' Activity here:
'My Wedding Business WILL' Activity - 20mins
Physically note down in your diary a 20 min slot to complete this task over the next week (then you get the added bonus of ticking it off the list when you have achieved it!), grab a pen & paper or Google Doc and spend some quality time answering the following.
1) What 3 life experiences led you to decide you wanted to start a business in the wedding industry?
2) Bullet point below the answer to: When you first started out, what were the main life changes/ improvements you wanted to achieve by starting your own wedding business?
3) Who would these life changes impact for the better once they were achieved?
5) Write a paragraph describing what a week in your life will look like when you reach your wedding business aspirations in the given time you have set yourself.
Include details like:
- What time do you wake?
- What is the first thing you do?
- When do you start work on your business?
- Who will be working with you?
- Where will you be working?
- What do you have to look forward to?
- What will you be doing with your free time?
- How will you be feeling?
- What will you look like?
- How many clients will you be providing a service to?
- How will you be feeling about your achievements?
- What will your bank balance look like?
- What will this enable?
I hope you find this activity helpful to refocus your energy and give you the push you need to rise out of self-doubt and into your inner Empire Builder Brain where you are at your most creative and productive.
Wedding Business Coach
The Wedding Business Blog
A biz. development blog dedicated to wedding suppliers looking to grow their business resilience and thrive amid Covid 19 and beyond.
Founder of The Boho Bride Guide
At the beginning of 2020, Jenny identified a gap within the wedding industry, and realised by bringing her two areas of expertise together, her background in Training and People Development, as well as her experience running her small business in the wedding industry, she could really make a difference to wedding suppliers looking to grow their business and their brand.